Past Participants ( 1 Pledges )
"Click on the building name to view pledges."
- Include 'switching of lights during lunch hour' into your office protocol
- Set all electronic equipment to energy saving mode (PCs, Laptops, Photocopiers)
- Avoid switching on lights in areas where natural light is abundantly available
- Carry out a recycling drive in office. Set up recycling bins and educate staff on recycling procedures
- Assign a proper recycling company to collect recycled waste, used office equipment, and toner cartridges and bottles
- Encourage staff to use their own mugs and containers for takeaways
- Cultivate green habits in the office by displaying posters and stickers with tips on saving energy and resources
- Encourage staff to read e-mail via PC instead of printing
- Set office printers to automatic double-sided printing mode to save on paper consumption
- Set office print option to black & white printing to consume less ink
- Link fax machines to email to reduce the printing of documents
- Make mugs and cutlery freely available in the pantry, to help staff use fewer disposable cups and cutlery
- Use teleconferencing and videoconferencing technologies to reduce overseas travel for business meetings.